Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Day!

Since August 2008 I have been developing my business plan. It started with a name as the foundation and then I built on top of that. Baby steps, a bit of school, a dash of cupcakes and a sprinkling (or endless hours, whatever...) of crafting and today I have an official website. My web developer and I have been tweaking it for weeks. Wow, I sure did not know how much work goes into websites, sure makes me appreciate you techie people out there a lot more!

I know with every bone in my body that this is what I was meant to do, but there is the odd moment of panic, like, what if I don't get any clients? What if disaster strikes? What if I use up all my ideas on other people's weddings and then mine is a flop? And I have already faced the fact that I may miss big days in my child's life - for example her 5th birthday this year I am booked. These are things that come with the territory, I mean, what business DOESN'T come with a few sacrifices.

The past few weeks have been so exciting for me, as I always have big ideas but rarely see them past an idea bubble floating about my head. This one I knew I wanted so badly that there was no way this idea would fizzle. I have registered the business, set up banking, have my legal meeting this week, and the website is up!

My dreams are coming true, and I am so happy to share them with you...whoever you
are!

www.urbanvows.com

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Brittany, the site looks fantastic! I'll pass it along to the few people I know getting married now, and any I know in the future! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete